The ProjectOver the next 10 months we are embarking on a creative online campaign highlighting the transformational effect arts and creativity from birth has on a child’s early development. Arts and creativity help children make sense of the world, giving them the power to explore their emotional, physical and cognitive development. It’s not about doing something better than others or creating something perfect, it is about thinking, exploring, discovering, and imagining. It’s time to put creativity at the heart of EVERY child’s early childhood. How can you join the revolution?
- Follow our 10 month campaign on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Each month will have a different theme around arts and creativity with competitions and fun ideas to share with friends and family #Starcatchers10
- Follow the Arts from the Start blog for updates, resources and challenges throughout the campaign
- Tell us why you believe in Arts from the Start by using the hashtag #AFTS16
- Show your support by downloading the AFTS twibbon to your social media profile
- Download our posters from our resources page and share why arts and creativity are so important for our youngest children
FeedbackEarly Years Practitioners at our AFTS16 Inspiration Day believe in Arts from the Start because...
...it's exciting for babies and grown-ups! ...surely all children should be entitled to access the arts from a very early age! ...the arts are imperative to EVERY child's development, the sooner they experience artistic practice, the better! ...when else do you start? ...it creates a strong platform for learning in all areas, for enjoyment and development of confidence and well-being ...it begins a new thought process about learning and encourages practitioners, children and parents to explore methods of learning beyond the classic classroom setting