Have some fun, save your sanity
CREATIVE IDEAS FOR UNDER 5s
THE BASIC IDEA
Wee ones love exploring and mixing different ingredients, and these ones can be smeared on your FACE! Oats, banana, avocado, yoghurt, coconut oil and honey all make great face masks. TOP TIP: under 1s shouldn’t have honey
OVER TO YOU, WEE ONE
Put the ingredients in plastic bowls and let them play! Babies will be all about the textures, older children may love pretending to be scientists or giving you ‘spa’ treatments. The final fun is putting it on your faces with fingers or soft brushes – careful to avoid those eyes!
- Numeracy – measuring, volume
- Imaginative play, STEM
- Gentle touch helps with bonding
- Hyrdated skin and a wee lie down with cucumber slices on your eyes
- If you’re worried about mess, set up the whole experience in a dry bath, then rinse it all away afterwards
- add soothing music, baby massage, ‘writing’ up notes – be led by the play
Don’t try and make them stick to a certain recipe, experimenting is learning. You can always make a ‘proper’ facemask yourself.