Have some fun, save your sanity
CREATIVE IDEAS FOR UNDER 5s
THE BASIC IDEA
Draw pairs of eyes on paper or card, cut them out and use sticky tack to stick them on objects, light switches, wherever you can make a “face”.
OVER TO YOU, WEE ONE
Have some sets of eyes already cut out with sticky tack on them so little hands can grab them and start making faces straight away. Objects with eyes can be used as puppets, and eyes can be hidden all over the house for others to find… Or even take it outside!
- Fine motor development
- Imaginative play, exploring emotions
- Brings new fun to familiar spaces
- Children might want to draw and cut out their own eyes
- Do the faces look sad, happy, surprised? Take the chance to talk about different feelings
- Use any other craft bits you have for hair etc.
Sometimes children engage best when it’s something they ‘discover’ themselves. If you secretly stick eyes around the home when they’re in bed, the next day will feel magical as they slowly discover the faces themselves.