Have some fun, save your sanity
CREATIVE IDEAS FOR UNDER 5s
THE BASIC IDEA
As you chat to your baby, press your nose and pretend you’ve been muted. To your surprise, you keep mouthing words, but no noise comes out!
Press again, and you can make noise again.
OVER TO YOU, WEE ONE
For tiny babies, get close and gently move their hand onto your nose to ‘mute’ you. Act surprised every time! Older babies may be able to reach for your nose
themselves – or use your ear as the button instead if you’re worried about being whacked in the face.
- Great for bonding, touch and cuddles
- Exaggerated faces help with speech
- Building agency, babies making decisions
- Great interactive game when sharing books
- Older wee ones can show off their mute buttons on video calls to loved ones
- Can everyone mute themselves when they need to listen? It’s worth a try!
With wee babies, it can take a lot of repetition for them to get the hang of something – but they will LOVE the exaggerated, silly faces you’ll be using.