Weaving fictional characters and scenarios into your setting expands physical space – in the world of make-believe possibilities are infinite.
This session will give you the confidence and skills to use drama and improvisation to extend children’s own enquiries, bring storytelling to life, overcome communication barriers and help children deal with difficult emotions or situations.
This session focuses on:
- Creative space-making – finding inspiration in the familiar
- How young children engage in dramatic play
- Responding to the child’s lead and providing stimulus that will help them develop their own ideas and creativity
- Using voice, facial expression and body language to bring characters to life
- Introducing fictional characters and scenarios to overcome communication barriers and to help children understand and deal with difficult emotions or situations
Have a question you would like to ask? Contact us here or call on 0131 2902560 (9am – 5pm Mon-Fri).