We want to break down the concept that you need to be good at drawing to create visual art. Visual art is about exploration and self-expression, offering exciting opportunities for even the youngest children to tell their own story, create something wonderful and develop a range of skills.
Develop your own confidence in creating visual art, taking a practical approach to incorporating techniques such as drawing, painting, collage, 3D and print into your setting day-to-day and explore the opportunities it can offer children.
This session will focus on:
- Developing confidence through explorative drawing – look at the world in a different way, notice new things and explore different perspectives
- Creating tools for visual art – beyond pencils, paint and paper
- Mark-making – exploring children’s visual languages
- Incorporating visual art into storytelling
- Valuing the process of creating art and encouraging exploration
- Developing a strategy for recording and presenting children’s everyday visual art creations to enhance engagement
Have a question you would like to ask? Contact us here or call on 0131 2902560 (9am – 5pm Mon-Fri).